An exciting opportunity has arisen for an In-reach Co-ordinator to join the SVP. The ideal candidate will coordinate the Inreach function at our fantastic Leeds Support Centre which will require having extensive experience in supporting people with practical and emotional issues as well as working in partnership’s with other agencies. The ideal candidate will also help key workers and services users to assess individual needs, sign post or deliver person centred support plans, which will help them achieve their goals. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about high quality service to deliver the best outcomes. This is an interesting opportunity to work for a flexible employer committed to it’s staff.
24th June 2021
5th July 2021
You will be contracted to 30 hours per week working 7.5 hours per day over 4 days Monday
St Vincent’s Centre, Leeds
Fixed term contract for 6 months
You will be paid £20,000 - £24,000 (pro rata) dependent on experience
This role will require an Enhanced DBS check
To coordinate the response to food poverty in East Leeds and to support key workers an service users to assess individual needs, sign post or deliver person centred support plans which help them achieve their goals. Work with the current localities team to explore the potential for a community hub scheme.
- Coordinate locality food service for those in need.
- Work with support workers/ service users to devise, deliver and continuously review person centred support plans and facilitate methods to promote service user engagement and successful outcomes.
- Ensure that support worker/service users’ enquiries, suggestions or complaints are responded to promptly and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Work in partnership with statutory, voluntary and private agencies, requirements e.g. information sharing protocols, joint referral agreements, etc.
- Work in partnership with other key services/ agencies in East Leeds to explore potential for a community hub.
- Ensure all safeguarding incidents are recorded and responded to and plans implemented.
- Maintain files and records of work, in compliance with confidentiality policies and Data Protection, ensuring data and documentation are recorded accurately and stored safely.
- GCSE in Maths and English grades A* - C or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working in partnership with other agencies
- Strong IT skills with good competence in the use of Microsoft Office and other computer systems
- Ability to use a range of interventions to support people with practical and emotional issues
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to actively contribute to service development and improvement, updating knowledge and developing new skills
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records
- Ability to assess and manage risk effectively
- Great organisational skills with the ability to manage busy workloads and prioritise between conflicting demands
- Ability to manage own time and work on own initiative with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – written, telephone and face to face
- Empathy and understanding of SVP ethos and values – and commitment to them
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this role successfully, please apply in the first instance with your CV. If you have any further questions, please contact me (Laura Whittaker) on 01274 513045.
- 33 days holiday (pro rata) per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Buy/sell holiday scheme
- Extra day off for birthday
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Bike to work scheme
- Sick pay
- Long service awards