A country torn apart by over half a century of civil war. 2 million people killed. 4.5 million people displaced. 2.5 million people living in makeshift tents in the desert outside the capital Khartoum. 100,000 orphaned and abandoned children struggling to survive.
With the added challenges of the global Covid-19 pandemic, Sudan and South Sudan are struggling more than ever. However long it lasts, the devastating impact of this pandemic will be felt for years. More people will face lack of medical care, poverty, bereavement and the threat of homelessness. Our work is more important than ever, to help them recover and rebuild.
By supporting our appeal, you will enable us to continue our vital projects in Sudan and South Sudan including:
- Baby feeding centres which provide daily meals to babies and pre-school children in camps for people who have been displaced. These provide an alternative source of sustenance and helps to prevent them from joining militia as child soldiers
- Medical centres run by the SVP in the camps and in women’s prisons provide free medical aid for men, women and children living in dire conditions
- An SVP water tanker provides over 35,000 people a day with a reliable supply of fresh, clean water in an environment where wells cannot be sunk and droughts are common
- Vocational training enables unskilled young people, previously at risk of becoming child soldiers or drifting into a life of crime, to learn a trade and contribute to the rebuilding of their nation
- Relief for communities as they face the monumental task of rebuilding after Covid-19 with limited support and resources
Donate today and help us make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people during this time of uncertainty.