From September, join the SVP and take on a challenge to support our work at this challenging time. We ask that you raise a suggested £100 towards our Covid-19 Recovery Programme which will fund our immediate work now and in the months to come.
It couldn't be easier with these four simple steps:
1. Pick your challenge and create your JustGiving or Facebook fundraiser in support of the SVP
2. Ask your family and friends to help you reach your goal
3. Complete your challenge!
4. Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media to @SVPEnglandWales with #SVPRiseChallenge
Get started on JustGivingGet started on Facebook
If you have questions on how to start your fundraiser, please visit our FAQs for more information.
Thank you! Any amount you raise by taking part in Rise to Challenge will make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable and isolated people at a time they need it most.
Here are examples of other people's fundraisers that you can be inspired by. You can get as creative as you like!
Kate Nightingale, SVP Deputy Chief Executive, braved the weather and ran a marathon averaging 26.4 miles and will be running one more to support the SVP Rise to the Challenge campaign.
Donate to Kate’s fundraiser: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kate-nightingale4
Monica Chidgey, a member of the SVP Group in Abergavenny, gave up alcohol for a month to raise funds to help the most vulnerable in our society who are experiencing extreme hardship in light of Covid-19.
It was her way of enduring minimal hardship to highlight the plight of many vulnerable people in our communities.
Donate to Monica's fundraiser: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/monica-chidgey1
Your challenge can be whatever you think up, but here are some ideas to get you started!
- Donate your birthday. Instead of getting presents ask family and friends to donate to your Facebook birthday fundraiser in support of the SVP.
- Organise a virtual pub quiz. Have each person pay £2 to enter and instead of a prize, the winner just gets glory and a round of applause!
- Follow in the footsteps of the great man and do a Captain Tom-style challenge. Climb Mount Snowden on your stairs, run a marathon in your back garden or walk the equivalent of Land’s End to John O’Groats in your local street.
- Channel your inner Picasso and offer to paint or draw portraits of friends (or their pets!) in exchange for a donation.
- Invite friends and family to pay to see you do something embarrassing, like dancing through town in a tutu.
- Get sponsored to endure a marathon of Jean-Claude Van Damme movies.
- Start a swear jar. Do you have a habit of saying "Crumbs" or "Bless my cotton socks"…?
- The 1000-piece-jigsaw-puzzle challenge. At 10p a piece, how many pieces will you sponsor me to do?