Our Home Office Approved Premises on Tyneside accommodate high-risk offenders on statutory orders and engage with them in order to reduce their likelihood of re-offending. The ultimate aim is to resettle them safely back into community.
This is achieved by:
- Providing a safe, structured and supportive residential environment
- Working closely with external agencies to manage and avoid the risk of re-offending
- Engaging in positive activities to seek employment and move-on accommodation
- Improving a range of skills including literacy and numeracy
- Working effectively to address substance/alcohol misuse
The SVP have two Approved Premises projects and have been involved in this work since 1947 with the opening of Ozanam House, followed by St Christopher’s House in 1967. The funding for these projects is provided entirely by the Ministry of Justice. As a result of this funding, the Approved Premises provide highly trained staff teams, who not only consistently fulfil the aims and objectives set out by the Ministry of Justice but are also at the forefront of national developments with respect to the Approved Premises estate.
Ozanam House, Newcastle
Contact: Chris Gelder, Tel: 0191 273 5738
St Christopher’s House, Newcastle
Contact: to be advised
Email: to be advised