The help we offer to people in need would simply not be possible without the generosity of our supporters. We aim to steward every gift with great care and we report regularly on how we use our funds.
Visits and assistance to individuals and families: 22.73% (£2,055,227)
Shops and furniture stores: 32.59% (£2,946,688)
Residential provision and approved premises: 18.58% (£1,680,162)
Support centres: 8.32% (£752,703)
Holidays and camps: 3.67% (£332,292)
Overseas: 8.16% (£737,777)
Youth development: 1.95% (£175,898)
Income generation and fundraising: 4% (£361,915)
Full details of our income and expenditure are included in our Annual Report
The SVP proudly works with the Fundraising Regulator, an independent body
that sets and maintains the standards for charitable fundraising.
The role of the Fundraising Regulator is to:
- Set and promote the standards for fundraising practice (‘the code’ and associated rulebooks) in consultation with the public, fundraising stakeholders and legislators.
- Investigate cases where fundraising practices have led to significant public concern.
- Adjudicate complaints from the public about fundraising practice, where these cannot be resolved by the charities themselves.
- Operate a fundraising preference service to enable individuals to manage their contact with charities.
- Recommend best practice guidance and take proportionate remedial action where poor fundraising practice is judged to have taken place.
We promise to be honest, fair and open about our fundraising with you, our supporters and we are committed to the Fundraising Promise.
Find out more on the Fundraising Regulator website.
Read our policy to find out more about giving feedback or making a complaint.