From 15 June, we'll start to safely reopen St Vincent's community shops in line with Government guidelines.
Thank you for your patience and for holding onto your donations at home until we are able to accept them. We can't wait to welcome back our volunteers, customers and donors to help us raise vital funds to support people in need during the Covid-19 crisis.
Opening hours may vary in our shops, so please get in touch with your local St Vincent's shop directly. Thank you for your continued support and patience during this time.
First phase of opening dates, week beginning 15 June:
- Hackney opening on the 15th.
- Rees Way opening on the 15th.
- Crossgates on 16th.
- Halifax on / around the 19th.
- Hove on / around the 19th.
- Brighton on / around the 19th.
- Crawley on / around the 19th.
- Knaresborough on / around the 19th.
- Middleton on / around the 19th.
- Brighouse on / around the 19th
- Seacroft on / around the 19th.
- Tinshill on / around the 19th.
- Blackley on / around the 19th.
- Bury on / around the 19th.
- Kenton on / around the 19th.
- Staveley on / around the 19th.
- Abbeydale Road on / around the 19th.
Second phase of planned reopenings, week beginning 22 June:
- Abbeydale Road
- Butcher Hill
- Lidgett Lane
- Dudley Hill
- Sunbridge Road
- Manor Park
- Colwyn Bay
The safety of our staff, volunteers and customers is our priority and we want everyone to feel safe and confident when we reopen our doors, so our plans include a period of time for staff to prepare the shop and take in donations before opening to the public. We are conducting necessary risk assessments and health and safety checklists and ensuring staff and volunteers are equipped with PPE.
We have also implemented the following changes:
- Increased cleaning in our community shops
- Social distancing in place with shop floor signage and limited number of customers in-store
- Hand sanitising station at shop entry for customers
- Stock is quarantined for 72 hours after donation
- Encouraged contactless and card payments