None of the vital services that we offer would be possible without time, support and donations. It allows us to provide advice, support and learning opportunities for Leeds' vibrant community.
We are always looking for volunteers to come spend some time with us and help people in need. We are also strongly connected to the wider Leeds community and are able to offer group activities for corporate staff and help with fundraising ideas.
For every £1 donated to St Vincent’s Centre Leeds, 91p goes towards maintaining, running and developing the Support Centre and its life changing services. 9p is used to generate the next £1.
St Vincent’s Centre, Leeds is here to help and we aim to give you a hand up and the support needed to overcome a crisis or problem.
• Food parcels: require a referral from an agency they are working with, this could be a support worker, advice agency, social worker etc.
• Call for an appointment with a member of our debt-advice team.
• Counselling: call or email for a self-referral form.
• Classes: enrol at the start of each term, dates are online, or call to find out the next enrolment.
• Migrant support and signposting is available every Thursday 10.00-12.30.
• Work Club offers job search, CV and interview advice and support and the opportunity to use computers and access help with the Universal Job match system.
There are lots of ways to get involved and make a difference depending on what you enjoy doing and how much time you are able to give.
• You could volunteer at St Vincent’s Centre, Leeds; there are roles available across the centre, from helping in the charity shop to teaching ESOL. Visit our volunteering page to see what opportunities are available.
• Fundraising is great fun and a brilliant way to support St Vincent’s Centre, Leeds while doing something you enjoy and bringing your community closer together.
• You could join one of St Vincent’s Centre, Leeds' events, click here to have a look.
• The St Vincent’s Centre, Leeds food parcel service and charity shop rely on donations, if you can spare tinned food (vegetables and tinned meat always go very quickly!) or have any good quality used clothes or household good, please bring them in.
• If you would like to find out more, call 0113 248 4126 or come along to the centre when we reopen and have a chat about ways to get involved.
ESOL stands for ‘English for Speakers of Other Languages’. St Vincent’s Centre, Leeds offers classes teaching people, whose first language is not English, to read, write and speak English.
St Vincent’s Centre, Leeds can be found at Curtis Building, 4 Berking Avenue, Leeds, LS9 9LF – Off York Road (exit by the Leeds Irish Centre) and next door to the Gary Don Auctioneers & Valuers.
St Vincent de Paul Society (England and Wales) is a “lay” organization, meaning it is associated with the Catholic Church but not part of it.
We are delighted to have the kind support of many SVP groups(also known as Conferences), Catholic churches and schools within the Leeds Diocese, but we do not receive any funding from the church.
St Vincent’s Support Centre funds itself and relies on voluntary donations from supporters, including regular donations, event sponsorship and gifts in wills.